Friends of the Fulton Public Library is looking for a youth volunteer to serve on their Board of Directors as it is important to have the youth perspective represented. The mission of the Friends is to support the library through fundraising, advocacy and volunteerism.
Volunteers provide support and service to charitable, nonprofit organizations by offering their time, skills and expertise. Conversely, volunteers stand to reap considerable benefit from their experience.
Candidates who wish to be considered must:
- Be at least sixteen years of age
- Reside within the Fulton City School District
- Obtain written parental permission to volunteer
- Attend a minimum of six Board meetings per year
- Be willing to volunteer to help out at some of the fundraisers and events
- Be willing to be interviewed for the position
- Submit a written statement describing what they hope to gain from the experience and what they feel they can offer the organization
- Submit a record of their volunteer time on a monthly basis
What you need to know
- Board meetings are held on the first Wednesday of the month at 5:00 PM at the Library.
- You will be appointed to serve on the Board in ex-officio (non-voting) status to shield you from any potential liability.
- Your tenure on the Board will be determined at the time of appointment based on your age and circumstances.
- You will have the option to volunteer to serve on committees.
- Your input at meetings is expected and welcome.
- You will be provided with verification of your volunteer time.
- You will be provided with an orientation to the group.
- You will be regarded as a youth ambassador for the Library and may be asked to help recruit other youth volunteers.
How to apply
If you wish to be considered for appointment to the Board of Directors as the youth representative, please download and complete our application form and submit it, along with your written statement, to
Friends of the Fulton Public Library
c/o Fulton Public Library
160 S. First St., Fulton, NY 13069
Or submit electronically to email@example.com with “Youth Board Member Application” in the subject line.