History of the Library
The Fulton Public Library has been dedicated to serving the City of Fulton and the surrounding communities since its founding in 1895. The library began in Falley Seminary and then relocated to a small room above Watson Drug Store before moving into the building we know and love today. The current building was constructed between 1905 and 1906 with funds provided by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1999. In many ways Andrew Carnegie may be considered an original Friend of the Fulton Public Library!
Since its establishment over 120 years ago, the Library has grown remarkably. What started out as a small room above a drug store is now a robust organization that provides much needed resources and services for all. The Fulton Public Library currently has more than 45,000 items in its collection, 7,500 registered borrowers, and over 100 programs annually.
Learn more about the library and browse its catalog at fultonpubliclibrary.org